If you want to Factory reset iPhone device and iPad device, then here we share guideline for iPhone users. The factory reset enables you to wipe the contents of an iPhone or iPad in a couple of seconds. The guide is useful if misbehaving or you’re selling it on. Now follow the steps how to reset iPhone device.
If you’re selling your iPhone or taking it for the repair you should reset it to delete your accounts and remove your content. The hard reset iPhone or iPad using Settings > General > Reset > Erase all content and settings. You will be prompted to enter your passcode and Apple ID before the process completes.
How to Factory reset iPhone or iPad?
If your phone device has locked up and you just want to restart it but none of the buttons work, then hold the power button and home button down at the same time until the device turns off and you see the Apple logo. Then let go and your phone or iPad will be back to normal.
Once that’s done, you can begin the reset process. It’s also worth remembering to remove your SIM card before you pass on the iPhone or iPad on, as this may have information stored on it, and you might want to continue using it in a new phone or tablet.
The version of iOS you are using may affect what you see here, but all are roughly the same – and things look the same on an iPad.
- Tap Settings, then General. Scroll down until you see Reset.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings. Depending on whether you’ve set a Passcode and/or a Restrictions Passcode (they are different) you might have to enter that code or password in order to erase and reset it. There is no way to reset the device unless you enter the code(s).
- Now you will have to enter your Apple ID password. This is so the account can be removed from your device, and Find My iPhone can be switched off. If you merely restore an iPhone via iTunes, you’ll be asked to enter the Apple ID and password when it reboots. Resetting it using the method we’re describing here will prevent the iPhone from asking for an Apple ID when it restarts.
- The reset process can take a minute or two, after which you’ll see the welcome screen asking you to swipe to continue. It’s then ready to be sold on or taken to an Apple Store for repair.
How to restore iPhone Data?
If having erased the content of the phone you intend to keep using it, you can restore the content to your phone from your backup. Now follow the steps
With the factory reset completed you’ll need to go through the setup of your iPhone again from the beginning:
- Start up the iPhone and enter your details when prompted, including WiFi password, until you reach the page where you’re asked how you want to ‘Set Up iPhone’.
- You now have three options: Set Up as a New iPhone, Restore from iCloud Backup or Restore from iTunes backup – so select the iCloud option and you’ll be prompted to enter your iCloud account details.
- Once you’ve done this, and agreed to the terms and conditions, your iPhone will begin restoring all of your data.
- Obviously, this could take a while if you have large backups or a slow internet connection, so don’t attempt this if you’re in a hurry. When the backup is completed your iPhone will reboot, and then it will start the larger job of downloading all of your apps.
If you wish to remove the previous iCloud account and activate the iPhone with new iCloud, then tap the iCloud remove tool for free download. Just tap the link and your download start within seconds.