How to Factory reset iPhone or iPad?
- Tap Settings, then General. Scroll down until you see Reset.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings. Depending on whether you’ve set a Passcode and/or a Restrictions Passcode (they are different) you might have to enter that code or password in order to erase and reset it. There is no way to reset the device unless you enter the code(s).
- Now you will have to enter your Apple ID password. This is so the account can be removed from your device, and Find My iPhone can be switched off. If you merely restore an iPhone via iTunes, you’ll be asked to enter the Apple ID and password when it reboots. Resetting it using the method we’re describing here will prevent the iPhone from asking for an Apple ID when it restarts.
- The reset process can take a minute or two, after which you’ll see the welcome screen asking you to swipe to continue. It’s then ready to be sold on or taken to an Apple Store for repair.
How to restore iPhone Data?
- Start up the iPhone and enter your details when prompted, including WiFi password, until you reach the page where you’re asked how you want to ‘Set Up iPhone’.
- You now have three options: Set Up as a New iPhone, Restore from iCloud Backup or Restore from iTunes backup – so select the iCloud option and you’ll be prompted to enter your iCloud account details.
- Once you’ve done this, and agreed to the terms and conditions, your iPhone will begin restoring all of your data.
- Obviously, this could take a while if you have large backups or a slow internet connection, so don’t attempt this if you’re in a hurry. When the backup is completed your iPhone will reboot, and then it will start the larger job of downloading all of your apps.
Hi, I’m Amin Jan, author of Free Mobile Tools. I am a mobile software developer and Android tools expert. I love to write about software updates, mobile tools, USB Drivers and I am interested in everything new in the world of technology.
I have worked with many software developers and mobile tools experts. I published thousands of research articles on software development sites.